Rajiv Krishna Prasad A0148542A
Sanjeev Kumar Chandran A0148398L
Mahendra Kumar KS A0148495N
Kotlanka Krishna Chaitanya A0150146
The objective of creating this dashboard was to prepare a comprehensive and actionable dashboard to measure the success of the Smart Nation initiative. The dashboard helps in answering the questions pertaining to Smart Nation Initiative. Below are few questions which can answered by the dashboard.
- With the Energy Consumption bound to increase, what steps are taken by the government to produce electricity with reduced pollution?
Energy consumption is expected to increase by 35% in 2035. The electricity generated is increasing over the years in Singapore and the carbon intensity while generating the electricity is reducing.
- The need for the talented resources will increase with the Smart Nation initiative, what measures are taken by the government to ensure that there is no scarcity for the talent?
Singapore is building a talent pool with the help of its top ranking universities. The Singapore government has increased the investment in development of education. The increase in investment over past 10 years can be observed from the chart.
- The need for transportation will increase, as the population increases and the need for travel will also increase, how will the government tackle the issue with the limited land and other resources?
There are already 1 Million personal cars in Singapore, and roads take up to 12% land space. The government is encouraging people to take up public transport, the chart shows that the people using Bus has increased by 33% and people using MRT has increased by almost 300% in the past 10 years.
- How is the government supporting the ecosystem needed to encourage R&D and Innovation enterprises, which will help achieve the goals of the smart nation?
The Singapore government has increased its investment in the field of R&D as seen in the graph. The number of start-ups too has increased by more than 100% in the last 10 years, and the government is setting up subsidiaries to foster the ecosystem.
- How will Smart Nation initiative help the ageing population of Singapore?
The ageing population in Singapore is estimated to be 900,000 in 2030 from 300,000 in 2016. It can be seen from the chart that the Singapore government has more than tripled its healthcare expenditure in the last 10 years, to setup infrastructure for future healthcare system.