The Visual Dashboard allows the user to see the level of energy consumption across Singapore and for a specific region.
March 9 2017
Pranav Agarwal, Rohit Pattnaik, Snehal Singupalli, Ashok Kuruvilla Eapen and Abhilasha Kumar
Pieces in Dashboard:
- MAP: The map allows the user to see the level of energy consumption across the country and for a specific region. After a region is selected the Graphs numbered 4,5 and 6 reflect information only for the selected region.
- Statistics: The Statistics for a year represent the range of energy consumptions (Minimum, Average and Maximum) for Singapore.
- Top N Consuming Regions: The Top N Consuming Regions shows the rank of highest energy consuming regions for the selected year (N = number selected by user)
- Electricity Consumption by Dwelling Type: Electricity Consumption by Dwelling Type line graph represents the amount of energy consumed by each dwelling type for the year selected by the user and the region selected in the map.
- Year on Year Change in Consumption (in %): Year on Year Change in Consumption bar graph represents the rate of increase or decrease of energy consumption for the selected region in the map. The colour depicts the rate of increase or decrease which is in line with colours highlighted in the map.
- Year on Year Change in Consumption by Dwelling Type (in %): Year on Year Change in Consumption by Dwelling Type line graph represents the rate of change of energy consumption for the region selected in the map split according to the dwelling type (1/2 Rooms, 3 Rooms, 4 Rooms and 5 Rooms). The colours of the line represent each dwelling type.
A) Select Energy- Type: The user can choose any of the below energy type from the drop-down menu.
1) Electricity 2) Gas 3) Electricity per capita population 4) Gas per capita population
B) Select Year: The user can select any year between 2005-2015 from the drop-down menu.
C) Select a Number: The user can enter a number, N, between 1-10 to identify the top N energy consuming regions.
The Dashboard would enable the user to answer the following Questions:
- Do bigger Dwelling Types consume more energy?
- Do high electricity consumers consume more gas too?
- Does a yearly change in consumption suggest the advent of more energy efficient devices?
- What has been the trend in energy consumption over the past few years?
- Which regions are among the highest consumers of Energy?
- What is the pattern in consumption across years, across dwelling types?
- What is the impact of population on the level of energy consumption?
Link to view the Dashboard on Tableau Public: View Dashboard